Living Libations… Where to begin? I have been using these products for the past 5 years or so, and have gifted them to many a womxn in my entourage. For those of you who’ve heard about Shailene Woodley’s vulva-sunbathing habit, I have it on good authority that she got this tip from the founder of Living Libations, Nadine Artemis.
I can’t remember how I first came across this gem of a company, but I do recall that my first reaction was skepticism towards the website’s weirdly retro aesthetic, eccentric founders Nadine and Ron (and their very strange videos), and overall messiness. I dubiously still made my first purchase, however, the Seabuckthorn Best Skin Ever, and boy am I glad I did.
I have since tried more of these creations than I dare to admit, and loved them all, but wanted to share some absolute favourites here. Note that Living Libations has both a U.S and a Canada store, independent of each other, and the links I’ve added go to the Canadian site.
- Best Skin Ever. The OG Seabuckthorn version is a staple, and truly does deliver what its name claims. This delicious oil blend can serve as a cleanser with a hot washcloth, a moisturizer, a frizz tamer, or anything else you might wish to do with it. The smell is truly divine, and I’ve also been using the Sandalwood version which is just as amazing and extra gentle for sensitive skin.
- Lymph Tonic. I’ve mentioned this one before, another daily staple. I mostly use this to dry-brush, but when I’m pressed for time I just sprinkle a few drops at the bottom of the tub before I shower and let the hot water release the eucalyptus scent… Heaven.
- Truth Tooth Powder Polish. Exfoliating your teeth might seem like a genius idea, or a bit overkill, but trust me on this one. I use this weekly and love the sensation as well as the results. For those who may not want to invest, the simple idea of using sea salt to exfoliate your teeth is life hack material.
- Maiden Fern Blushing Balm I don’t wear much makeup, but nearing Spring and Summer I inevitably start feeling romantic and craving pink, rosy cheeks. This “blush” is more like a tinted potion that revives your face and smells beautiful too.
- Cell Serum. Last but not least, this potent little guy, which I use a few times a week to wake up my skin when it feels dormant. This smells sublime, tingles, and literally creates glow in a few minutes.
That’s it for the staples! If you’re curious, you can find a number of interviews/podcasts/videos with Nadine online to learn more, I really quite love her wisdom.